8 Amazing Facts about Forests
- 90% of the food we eat comes from just 30 types of plants.
- Plants can get cancer. It typically doesn’t kill them quickly.
- Rafflesia flower is the world’s largest flower. It smells like rotting flesh to attract flies to pollinate it.
- Manchineel tree is very dangerous. Every single part of this gree is toxic in some way.
- There are actually people who make a hobby out of collecting tree tumours. It’s called a burl.
- The pea plants can make decisions based on the evaluation of risks.
- Honeysuckle flowers actually have a bit of honey like nectar inside them which you can drink.
- Plants didn’t evolve until around 100 million years after animals did.
Naeem Javid Muhammad Hassani is working as Conservator of Forests in Balochistan Forest & Wildlife Department (BFWD). He is the CEO of Tech Urdu (techurdu.net) Forestrypedia (forestrypedia.com), All Pak Notifications (allpaknotifications.com), Essayspedia, etc & their YouTube Channels). He is an Environmentalist, Blogger, YouTuber, Developer & Vlogger.