Factors Responsible for the Depletion of Wildlife
1) Loss of Wildlife Species Eventually leads to Extinction of a Particular Set of Animal Species. Normally in The Wild, if the Animals do not get adequate Food or Water during a Famine or drought they will perish without Human or a Country’s Forest Department’s assistance.
2) Similarly, in Forest Fires, Many Plants, Trees, Birds, Reptiles, Insect species & Animals get Engulfed by fire – So they will also lose their lives if the Forest fires are not doused on time.
3) Deforestation and Habitat Loss due to Developmental Works & Timber related Tree felling carried out by Human beings also cause untold damage to an Ecosystem and Many Animals are deprived of their Forests and a Safe abode.
4) Hunting and Poaching of Animals also causes a Depletion of a Species of animals in number count.
5) Uncontrolled Fishing and Over Exploitation of Marine resources by Humans are also responsible for Extinction of Aquatic & Amphibious varieties of Animals & reptiles.
6) Releasing Toxic Pesticides & Industrial Effluents leads to Toxicity of Water bodies like Rivers, Lakes & Water bodies and a Lower Biochemical Oxygen Demand will result in Elimination of Aquatic life.
All of these causes lead to Depletion of Wild animals and their Former Habitats (Forests, Grasslands, Plains, Valleys) are completely Wiped out and taken over by Human beings for Real Estate Projects, Railways, Roads, Industries, Aerodromes, Yards etc.
So Greenhouse Effect will come into play, Ozone Layer Depletion and Global Warming with Climate change will become the Order of the Day with Scanty Rainfall, Drought, Smog, and Acid Rains Everybody is Bound to Suffer in Future due to these wrongful methods being followed.
Basically, if there are No Big Carnivores, then The Forest will be Full of Herbivores and Over Grazing will occur, and The Primary Producers like Grass, Plants & shrubs will dwindle. The Humans will be Lesser afraid without The Carnivorous animals, and they will take over The Wild areas – Similarly, If there are No Primary Producers or Herbivores, then The Pure Carnivores will not find food to survive.
So if The Wild has to Survive, then it must have Wild Animals in its Abode as a Balanced Ecosystem and a Vice versa Policy is also applicable – If The Animals have to Survive, they will Definitely Need a Natural Habitat to Sustain their living.
For correction and improvements please use the comments section below.