Air Purifier Plants
Many varieties of plants act as natural air purifiers, according to a widely cited study NASA conducted on the matter back in 1989. These plants provide your home with fresh, clean air even when the weather outside grows cold and biting and desire to go outside dwindles.
From overgrown ferns to sleek bamboo palms, you can take your pick of clean-air plants that not only look good but will keep you feeling great all season long.
The Dracaena Houseplant
The Dracaena house plant, otherwise known as the Corn Cane, is generally known for its ability to clean the air. Even more appealing, it thrives in low light with little water.
- DRACAENA – a tropical palmlike plant that is famous as a greenhouse or indoor plant. Originated from Africa. Easy to grow and doesn’t require much attention. It is also known for its air-purifying benefit by removing chemicals and other toxins in the air.
- GROWING DRACAENA – In growing your Dracaena plant, you must know that it requires a well-drained soil. Do not over water your plant, water only when you think it’s needed as over watering can cause the leaves to be yellowish and sooner the plant may die. Appropriate fertilization is also needed. Grows well with the full shade of sun.
- PRUNING DRACAENA PLANT – If you notice, yellow and brown leaves of your plant just simply cut those and remove. New growth from your plant can be replanted in a separate pot to grow another Dracaena plant.
- The Creme &Green Corn Plant – Dracaena that you will be receiving in your purchase is potted in a 6” inch pot
- Proudly Homegrown by Hirt’s Garden’s
- Do not recommend shipping to states currently experiencing extremely cold weather/temperatures.
- It loves bright, indirect sunlight!
- It makes a great statement piece in a bright family room.
- Keep its soil damp, but not muddy
Peace Lily (Spathiphyllum)
A beautiful house plant that grows white flowers, the Peace Lily is well-known for its air purifying abilities. It’s thought to break down toxic gases like benzene, formaldehyde, and carbon monoxide.
The peace lily (Spathiphyllum) is a favorite houseplant that offers majestic, long-lasting white blooms which typically appear in spring. The plant itself has glossy Oval leaves with a striking pt. That emerges from the soil. They are tropical plants, native to the rainforests of central & South America & do exceptionally well when potted indoors under the right conditions.
- This easy Care plant has beautiful Glossy Green leaves and the unusual ability to blossom in medium light. The pure White flower changes to pale Green after 10 days and then remains lovely for at least another month.
- Peace lilies have the ability to remove vaporized solvents from the indoor air including benzene, formaldehyde, carbon monoxide, trichloroethylene, xylene, and ammonia.
- Works great Potted indoors or in a shady spot outdoors!
Boston Fern (Nephrolepis exaltata)
The Boston Fern is thought to be one of the best air purifying house plants thanks to its ability to act as a natural humidifier and remove formaldehyde from the air.
Boston Fern is a classic houseplant that has gained popularity in modern and contemporary decor because of it’s bold, arching leaves and volume. It is the ideal houseplant and that will thrive in a bright environment. Keep ferns healthy and beautiful by providing them with average to above-average relative humidity levels. Boston Ferns looks great on shelves, tabletops and as accent floor plants.
This fern is a showy addition to any room. The lush green fronds add life and vibrancy to your home office, kitchen, bedroom, or in the warmer months, your patio or front porch.
- EASY CARE! Water Boston Fern to keep the soil consistently moist. If the soil dries out, the fronds may turn brown and crispy. Never allow the soil to become saturated. Boston Ferns enjoy high humidity, so give it a good misting.
- LOVES INDOOR LIGHT: Boston Fern loves bright to medium light; do not place in direct sun.
- REAP HEALTH BENEFITS: Studies show that Boston Fern helps cleanse the indoor air, removing toxins such as toluene and xylene. Plus, leafy green plants improve your mood and reduce stress.
- ENJOY LIVING HOME DÉCOR: Boston Fern is a voluptuous, easy-care fern that grows well indoors as well as on porches and patios. Its arching branches covered with soft, emerald-green fronds ship at min. of 20-in. tall. Keep for yourself or give as a gift!
Fiddle-Leaf Fig Floor Plant (Ficus Lyrata)
The ficus has always been a popular indoor plant, but it has more to offer than its visual appeal. It’s known to remove toxins from the air.
- EASY CARE! Water when the top inch of soil feels dry, water once a week, allow water to drain. Never allow the soil to become saturated.
- LOVES INDOOR LIGHT: Fiddle-Leaf Fig grows in the bright filtered light. Place near the sun-facing window.
- REAP HEALTH BENEFITS: Studies show having plants in your home improves your mood, sparks your creativity and reduces stress.
- ENJOY LIVING HOME DÉCOR: Adds life and design to your home, porch, or office. Keep this plant for yourself or give as a gift!
Use the Fiddle Leaf Fig to boldly fill blank corners with rich texture. These houseplants are fabulous when used to flank furniture, especially if you prefer a classic look.
Aloe vera plants are known to remove formaldehyde from the air. Plus, they look chic in any room.
- Super easy-to-grow Aloe Vera succulent houseplant with bold, green-white speckling on thick, toothed leaves.
- Place in a bright, warm, sunny spot for best results; requires watering once every couple of weeks.
- Single live Aloe Vera plant comes in 4-inch grower’s pot — ready for you to place in your own containers.
- Great addition to modern and contemporary decor; perfect for desks, tabletops, credenza cabinets, and more.
- Intended as an indoor houseplant, Aloe Vera can also be grown outdoors in arid, frost-free climates.
Aloe Vera with it’s thick, textured, lush leaves is an excellent ornamental houseplant. Also known for its topical medicinal benefits, the Aloe Vera plant adds instant décor to any room, bath or kitchen.
The fleshy succulent leaves of the Aloe Vera is a pollution-fighting, air purifying plant that brings just the right touch of nature to any interior décor.
Bamboo acts like a natural humidifier and gives off serene vibes.
- Intricately arranged lucky bamboo stems add a bold note to indoor decor. Grows well on desks, tabletops. The fun addition to your office, school or home.
- Popular in Feng Shui decor, Lucky Bamboo is available in a variety of arrangements, including twists, curls, braids and more.
- In Asian culture, Lucky Bamboo is believed to bring good fortune, luck, wealth, prosperity, and happiness.
- Water weekly maintain the soil moist. Keep the stems submerged. Place in a room with low or medium light for best results. Avoid direct sunlight.
In Asian culture, a gift of Lucky Bamboo is believed to bring you good fortune, luck, wealth, prosperity, and happiness, which make it the perfect gift for events such as graduations, weddings, housewarmings, or business openings. It is also considered a popular Feng Shui cure for home or office because it combines all five Feng Shui elements for a harmonious universe: water, wood, fire, earth, and metal.
Lucky bamboo is a wonderful gift plant that adds a bold note to indoor decor with its often intricately arranged stems. It’s a slow-growing foliage houseplant that’s easy to care for in a low- or medium-light spot. You can find lucky bamboo available in an almost endless variety of arrangements, including heart shapes, twists, curls, and more. There’s even lore about how many stems are in the arrangements! Although they are called bamboo, these easy-to-grow plants are actually members of the Dracaena family.
Place your Lucky Bamboo plant in a location that receives bright, indirect light. Lucky Bamboo does not like direct sunlight. Lucky Bamboo is water tolerant, the rocks in your planter are porous therefore slowly add water once weekly. Costa Farms loves the plants they grow as much as you will, and they’re dedicated to ensuring every plant they sell is grown and prepared to be healthy and successful in your home. Based in Miami, Florida, family-owned Costa Farms grows more than 1,000 varieties of high-quality plants.
This popular plant doesn’t need much water to thrive and will do wonders for purifying the air in any home.
- Commonly called Snake Plants or Mother-in-law’s Tongue.
- In China, it was kept as a treasured houseplant because the Eight Gods bestowed their eight virtues on those who grew them.
- An extremely hardy houseplant, difficult to kill.
- Will grow in dim light, water when dry.
- The variety of Snake Plant will vary with the season.
Is a flowering plant species in the family Asparagaceae. Natively found in tropical West Africa from Nigeria east to the Congo. Snake Plant is a plant that lives for more than two years forming dense stands. Its stiff leaves grow vertically from a circular arrangement of leaves. Snake Plant can survive the low light level, lack of rain and have few insect problems. Snake Plant, it is now used typically as decorative purposes in gardens and landscape design, outdoors in warmer climates, and indoors as a houseplant in cooler climates.
Ocean Spider Plant
Known to remove formaldehyde, xylene, and toluene from the air, the Spider Plant would be a welcome addition to your home during the winter.
Ocean is a new spider plant with more white in the leaves and white flowers on long stems that seem to dance in the air. Spider Plants make excellent houseplants or indoor plants as they are not only such easy-growing plants but have beneficial properties in cleansing the air of pollutants, especially formaldehyde and carbon monoxide. As it tolerates artificial lighting very well and has air purifying abilities, it’s most ideal in an office environment where electronic pollutants are emitted. Requires bright light or filtered sunlight for best growth and vibrant leaf colors. Never locate Spider Plants in full sun that will scorch their foliage. Remove yellow or dried leaves to keep it tidy. Fertilize sparingly as excess nutrients can retard its ability to produce more plantlets.
English Ivy ‘Eva’
This beautiful ivy plant can remove chemicals found in cigarette smoke from the air, along with other detergents and pesticides. It’s often recommended for those with allergies or asthma.
Attractive, dark blue-green foliage marked with creamy white. One of the best choices for a fast-growing screen or ground cover. Easy to grow and very rewarding.
NJMH is working as Deputy Conservator of Forests in Balochistan Forest & Wildlife Department (BFWD). He is the CEO of Tech Urdu (techurdu.net) Forestrypedia (forestrypedia.com), Majestic Pakistan (majesticpakistan.pk), All Pak Notifications (allpaknotifications.com), Essayspedia, etc & their YouTube Channels). He is an Environmentalist, Blogger, YouTuber, Developer & Vlogger.