NECESSITY AND OBJECTIVES OF A SEPARATE FOREST LAW:
- The objectives and necessity of a separate forest law are as follows:
Regular Forest Right:
- Forests are generally burdened with rights. A special forest law is needed for the regulation of existing rights and to prevent their further extension.
Protect Variety of Forest Produce:
- For the efficient protection of a great variety of forest produce.
- Forest contains a great variety of forest produce eg timber, f/w, grass, stones, etc. it is very difficult to protect such a great variety of produce and therefore special forest law is required.
Protections of forest produce in transit:
- In order to efficiently protect forest produce during transportation certain rules have been made eg (i) Routes have been fixed (ii) Timing have been fixed (iii) Check posts have been established.
Protection against Trivial Acts:
- A forest is liable to damage due to some trivial acts. Eg throwing of cigarette or a matchbox stick. These acts are very trivial in nature but can be very dangerous for a forest; therefore, this is necessary to have some provision to prevent such acts and punished the offense.
Provision of powers to Forest Officer:
- It is necessary that forest servant should be vested with certain power for the efficient mgt and protection of forest eg power of arresting offenders, the power of recording statement of a witness, power of seeking help in case of emergency etc.
To remove the misconception of ownership of forest in the mind of people:
- The ignorant populations consider forest as everybody properties and thus free to all, this is clear through a special forest law.
Low of mountainous areas:
- In order to prevent people living in mountainous areas from wasting and clearing forest growing on their lands because such actions would be destructive not only for themselves but also for people living downstream.
For correction and improvements please use the comments section below.
Naeem Javid Muhammad Hassani is working as Conservator of Forests in Balochistan Forest & Wildlife Department (BFWD). He is the CEO of Tech Urdu (techurdu.net) Forestrypedia (forestrypedia.com), All Pak Notifications (allpaknotifications.com), Essayspedia, etc & their YouTube Channels). He is an Environmentalist, Blogger, YouTuber, Developer & Vlogger.