The pleasurable and constructive use of spare time is known as recreation.
Concept and interpretations of recreation
- Like for children boating is a fun.
- The morning walk or jogging is routine.
- Movies, music
- An activity that resets men for work – Traveling
- Like for a student game is a change from his daily study
- Activity, which is participated in any time and anywhere, merely for the enjoyment, it affords. Games, poetry etc
- Recreation may be physical; it provides intellectual esthetic or emotion outlets. Travailing.
- Use of free time is varying definitely individual and personal. For children, games, for young adventure, and for elders jogging.
- Recreation for one person is work, for another boring. Games, traveling, boating
- Time factor. Morning walking, night party. Season
- Need, preference and options, young need fast recreation; they prefer adventure events, an option between games, adventure and traveling.
- “Constructive” means beneficial to individual and society. Trophy hunting.
Relation of leisure and spare time
- Leisure is positive and in abroad sense, productive. Like if you managed your spare time use positively
- It does not denote aimless indolence, relaxation
- Spare time may have negative implications Do nothing.
- Some time beneficial
The reward of recreation depends upon their nature
- Rest gives a relaxation from the daily routine. Watching movies
- Relaxation (change from normal working day activity) join the club
- Create (new games, new adventure)
- Recreate ( safe the heritage)
- Improve social relationship (parties, rally, nation game events)
- Balance the life (maintain the health)
For Correction and Improvements please use the comments section below.
NJMH is working as Deputy Conservator of Forests in Balochistan Forest & Wildlife Department (BFWD). He is the CEO of Tech Urdu (techurdu.net) Forestrypedia (forestrypedia.com), Majestic Pakistan (majesticpakistan.pk), All Pak Notifications (allpaknotifications.com), Essayspedia, etc & their YouTube Channels). He is an Environmentalist, Blogger, YouTuber, Developer & Vlogger.