Table of Contents
SOWING AND PLANTING:
By sowing means to scatter or plant seed on an area of land in order to grow crops whereas planting means to put a plant, or tuber into the ground to enable it to grow.
Advantages of planting:
- Planting, as a rule, is a surer method and uses the minimum no of plants required to cover the area.
- Plants give a valuable start.
- Species difficult to rise by seeds are propagated by planting.
Disadvantages of Planting:
- It is a costly/ expensive method.
- It is labor dependent.
- When the plants are taken from nursery to planting site, very much ease is required.
- Planting requires skilled labor
- For planting, maintenance of nurseries is required to get sufficient stock at right time.
- if good results are required, sowing is preferred over planting
- planning should be restricted to difficult spp and difficult sites
When the plants are raised in containers and planted, great care is required to give minimum disturbance to roots.
Image: Planting in Govt Boys Degree College by Students, Teachers, and District Officers | 9th February 2018 | Green Pakistan Programme. Image by Author.
For correction and improvements please use the comments section below.