- The science of deducing the physical dimension of objects from measurements on photographs.
- Science and technology of obtaining reliable measurements and maps from photographs.
- A photographic technique that gives accurate measurements of the land from a photograph taken from the air.
- Photogrammetry, as its name implies, is a 3-dimensional coordinate measuring technique that uses photographs as the fundamental medium for metrology (or measurement). Photography describes the photographic principles involved in photogrammetry, while Metrology describes the techniques for producing 3-dimensional coordinates from two-dimensional photographs.
- The process of making surveys and maps using photographs
- The science of obtaining reliable measurements by photography. The District uses stereoscopic photographic methods to generate maps. The stereoscopic method uses binocular vision to form a single three-dimensional image from two photographic images of the same terrain taken from slightly different vantage points. With proper optical or digital equipment, all measurements needed in map construction can be made from this visual model.
- The analysis of data using photogrammetric procedures and techniques.
- The science or art of obtaining reliable measurements by photography. For GIS applications, aerial photogrammetry often provides the foundation to develop base maps.
- the science of making reliable measurements by the use of photographs and especially aerial photographs (as in surveying)
- Method of making precise measurements from photographs.
- The process of surveying, as in map making, by taking aerial photographs
- The process of measurement, error correction, and mapping from imagery such as aerial photos.
- Photogrammetry is a measurement technology in which the three-dimensional coordinates of points on an object are determined by measurements made in two or more photographic images taken from different positions.
For correction and improvements please use the comments section below.
NJMH is working as Deputy Conservator of Forests in Balochistan Forest & Wildlife Department (BFWD). He is the CEO of Tech Urdu (techurdu.net) Forestrypedia (forestrypedia.com), Majestic Pakistan (majesticpakistan.pk), All Pak Notifications (allpaknotifications.com), Essayspedia, etc & their YouTube Channels). He is an Environmentalist, Blogger, YouTuber, Developer & Vlogger.